How to measure your kitchen
Measuring a kitchen, you need to know how to do it correctly. It is not a difficult task, but it requires some attention, details, and accuracy. Here are some steps to help you measure your kitchen cabinets for a perfect fit.
You will need a tape measure, pencil or pen and a piece of graph paper.
- Step 1 – Before you start measuring, you need to have a clear idea of how your kitchen is laid out and where you want to place your cabinets. Use a graph paper to draw a sketch of your kitchen, including the walls, windows, doors, appliances, outlets, and any other features. Label each wall with a number and each opening with a letter for easy reference.
- Step 2 – Using a tape measure, measure the horizontal length of each wall from corner to corner and write down the measurement on your sketch in inches. If there are any gaps or openings on the wall, such as doorways or windows, measure them separately from one edge of the casing to the corner of the wall. Mark on the template. Next, measure from the outside of the casing to the other outside edge of it. Then measure the location of the appliances. Mark then from the center of the appliance to the nearest wall.
- Step 3 – Measure the vertical height of each wall from floor to ceiling and write down the measurement on your sketch. Look for any pipes, outlets, water or gas lines or other features that may affect the size or shape of your cabinets. Measure their dimensions and locations and mark them on your paper.
- Step 4 – Before you order or install your cabinets, you need to make sure your measurements are accurate and consistent. Double-check your measurements by measuring them again from different angles and directions. Compare your measurements with your sketch and make sure they match. Finally, take a few pictures of the space and email them along with the measurements to one of our specialists.
- Step 5 – Order your new cabinets from doitwhite.ca. By following these steps, you can measure your kitchen cabinets for a perfect fit and enjoy your new kitchen.
IF YOU WANT YOUR KITCHEN RIGHT, DO IT WHITE!